Friday, May 6, 2016

"The Community"


I call this picture, "The Community".  It's like a little village someplace out near the Rockies... you can tell by the snow capped mountains! 

All pictures carry a different story for each set of eyes that look upon them.  Like the picture above.  I was talking to someone about this simple picture and they seen things differently than I did. 

But I would like to point out one thing I added on purpose... the church.  Those who know me best, know I claim no church affiliation, although I have a strong belief in God the Creator of all.  Anyway, I added a church in my picture... It has a little cross on top that represents a universal 'church' building.  But what makes this church unique is that it is the only double door building in the 'Community', and the only one with a wide driveway right up to the double doors.  My symbolism here is that of an open and welcoming church of love.  (What I think churches and church goers should be...but that is my opinion.)

One other tid-bit of symbolism in the picture is the pink and grey city buildings... they are unique to the other homes in the 'Community'... but somehow they fit right in.  This is for my daughter, Andrea.


I turned the picture upside down to show you a different view.  If you held the picture in your hand you would probably turn it around and around in a circle to see the little 'Community' from different angles.  This just helps give you one of those other vantage points.

I hope you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment